Seven things I love about this book:
- It rhymes.
- The woman has seven kids. Almost every page that introduces a new child shows her pregnant with the next one.
- The family name is Peters. Their first child is Peter. So his name is Peter Peters.
- The kids are picky eaters to ridiculous extremes. My daughter’s not the only one!
- The detailed pictures tell an underlying story that depicts the happy chaos of a large family (my daughter points and giggles every time at the boy sitting on the potty).
- The dad is always present in the home.
- Mrs. Peters gives herself fully to her family, and they love her dearly in return.
I’ll just tell you right now that the book ends with an accidental birthday cake made from all the foods the kids “prefer.”
I am going to attempt to make this cake. Stay tuned to find out how it goes!